Translate

Thursday 2 August 2012

L'Entrecote

I'm having diner in the most unusual restaurant. I had a look at the menu outside, and assumed that it was the Specials as it only had one dish on it -Steak. I had heard that there was a restaurant down this way that served good steak, but there was always a que to get it, so this can't be the place.

I decide to go in. A lady in red, greets me and holds up one finer and says un - yes table for one. I wait for the menu, they bring me some water. I wait a bit more for the menu, they bring me a salad. Ok looks like I'm having a salad. It seems that no one will come near me until i have finished my salad. Finally a waitress in yellow comes over, " how do you want it cooked?" So that wasn't the Specials, that was it! As I look around, I notice that, yes everyone is having steak. But some are having fancy steak that is served on a raised silver platter, heated by two candles. What happens if I want to try that as well.

I look up and there it is -the que. There are about a dozen people out side waiting to get in. You think that with the que they would be in a hurry to get you your meal. But not so. Once you are in, they look after you. I like that.

It turns out the salad only served the purpose to make you not feel guilty of having just steak and chips. Because that is all it is. Here is my meal.




As you can see, I got a steak on my plate and one on the plater as well! It is very nice, but not the nicest steak I have ever had. It comes cut up for you. It is done just right, rare - I asked for medium, as I have already found rare means raw.

The que outside is huge now, well over 30 people. The people at the front now took nearly 20 mins to get there!

I order my dessert. I use the new App on my iPad and it fails me. I order what my iPad tells me is a under the heading of ice cream, a chocolate house, but it turns out to be chocolate cake. I apologies to the waitress, and together we work out what I want.




The que has died down a bit now.

I was going to bike around until I found a restaurant, but the bike stand near the hotel was empty. The one near the restaurant is full.



These are bikes you can hire. For a week it cost €5 or €25 for a year. The first half hour is free, then it is 50 cents per half hour after that. I'm glad I didn't bike as I am soo full I need to walk it off. I'm not use to seeing all the homeless, drunks on the street and I feel nervous with my iPad in hand. I reflect that, that was yet another 3 cooked meal day. Well at least I didn't have a big lunch though, I had Fish and ....oh yeah, chips. Let's not talk about what I had for breakfast. I looked in the mirror this morning and was motivated to go the Hotel gym. Looks like I'd better go tomorrow as well.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Boulevard de Strasbourg, Toulouse.

3 comments:

  1. I'll make sure that we don't have steak and chips for your first cooked meal when you get home. Maybe roast chicken or spag bol or just an omelette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spag Bol sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete